“You’ve got to take life and ride it until the wheels fall off”
Many travellers including me are hooked on travel related quotes. They tend to be the best help to remind why you instinctively yearn from the new adventure and find inspiration.
I got this beautiful travel journal called Swept away and wanderlust filled with travel quotes all the way from Australia. It’s such an charming little book where you can write down your memories from your travels. In the book there are sections for eleven travels and at the end of the book there is “My Travel Summary”. Pages are filled with quirky questions for you to answer. My absolutely favourite ones are ” The newspaper headlines are” and ” The bed I slept in looks like “. I can see myself reading and laughing at all my answers years down the track, such a good way to capture your thoughts and feelings whilst traveling.
I fell in love even more with this amazing gift after I read the story behind the book. It had been created by two Australian girls Hanna Axelssons Sahlen and Ashleigh Powell . Their aim is in their own words to “create a series of journals full of quirkiness, happiness, inspiration and that personal touch that will make you want to capture your days, thoughts and memories. They are for you to insert your story. “ Their blog is also worth to follow, if you like this book you will like their blog and other way around.
This book is a perfect gift for a travel lover or to buy for yourself. Its almost too beautiful to write on in it thought.
Unfortunately the book is not available in stores in Finland but according to their web site closest place to purchase it is in Stockholm, Sweden. You can check all the European and Australian retailers here
Here are my 8 favourite quotes from the book
- “ Don’t go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail “ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “ Do one thing every day that scares you “ Eleanor Rooserelt
- “Happiness is the result of the imagination “
- “ Find out what life is like without comfort “ Sebastian Terry
- “ The more difficult it is to reach your destination, the more you will remember and appreciate the journey” Susan Gale
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. ” St Augustine
- “Our truest life is when we are in dream awake ” Henry David Thoreau
- “Because when you you stop and look around this life is pretty damn amazing.”
Text, Vine and Photo by Iida